Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Bike Trailer

I recently found a welder on craigslist who had some extra square steel and wanted to make bike trailers. For $130 I got the prototype, complete with pink 16'' wheels. I've had to bring it back once to change the way it attached to the bike, but rewelding has all been free while we work out the kinks. I also added an expanded sheet metal bottom to the trailer, trimmed to fit with tin snips, and twist-tied on. Combined with some small bungees, this is about the greatest system I can think of to carry objects of varying size, shape, weight, and orientation (the latter referring to something with a "this end up", like some flowers in a water cup we got at the farmer's market).


1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Brilliant! In addition to groceries, the 3-8 year old version of myself would love to be pulled around in that. If it were a little bigger, the 22 year old version might be up for a spin, too!